Thursday, September 23, 2010

When Your Life 'Tunnel' Seems Dark

"Our life experiences will only become problems if you decide to interpret them as such. Life is an on going challenge and everyday is another chance for us to progress ourselves, which in turn makes us stronger and wiser"

^^ These words came from a email i received weeks ago. A email i never got the chance to read......until today. It still amazes me how life gives you 'signs' and finds ways to encourage you when you need it the most.
Ive been finding the closer it gets to the time i am moving to Texas, the harder it is to leave Iowa. My family is here. My friends are here. I was born and raised here. Ive been second-guessing my decision to move. Wondering if it truly is the best thing for me. In a desperate attempt to get my mind off of it at 1:00am, i started reading my emails. Thats when i came across the statement above. And i realized, yes, this move WILL be hard. Yes, i WILL miss everybody back home like crazy. And yes, i have a horrible case of 'leaving the nest' syndrome.
But i also realized it is something i need to do. It is in my best interest. And it will bring great things for me.
Sometimes you just have to take that leap. No matter how scary. No matter what 'Negative Nancy' keeps whispering in your ear. Find the words to encourage yourself to take that leap and fly, because your wings are more beautiful than you could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment